Elizabeth has worked as a video journalist in Canada and East Africa. Her work has been aired on Global News, Sportsnet and NationTV Kenya.
SKILLS: Live reporting, Avid NewsCutter, Final Cut, Avid iNews, iMovie, ENPS, Edius; shooting with ENG cameras; framing, lighting and composition
Global News at 6 — Halifax
- Coronavirus: Amid record job losses, Nova Scotia restaurant owners innovate – Global News, April 2020
- Residents of Meaghers Grant paying heavy toll after removal of Dillman Bridge – Global News, Feb. 2020
- ‘I am here’: Nova Scotians condemn Don Cherry’s poppy comments – Global News, Nov. 2019
- Federal minister says inquiry into Glen Assoun’s wrongful conviction should be led by Nova Scotia – Global News, July 2019
Global News Investigates
- Global News investigates ‘huge’ safety risks on Halifax construction sites – Global News, Sept. 2019
- ‘It’s the Wild West’: Sources say fear underlies silence on Nova Scotia construction sites – Global News, Sept. 2019
- N.S. issues warnings, creates new safety initiative after Global News investigation – Global News, Dec. 2019
- Thousands of Nova Scotians at risk of lead exposure from wells – Global News, Nov. 2019
- Lead in Nova Scotia school water: a patchwork of data unavailable to parents, teachers – Global News, Nov. 2019
Terrorist attacks in Kenya
In April 2015, nearly 150 Christian students were slaughtered at Garissa University College in western Kenya at the hands of a Somalia-based terror group, Al-Shebaab. Elizabeth provided breaking hourly updates to media outlets all over the world from Nairobi during this massacre – the largest on Kenyan soil in 18 years. Below are a few samples of her on-camera work as a stringer both for this attack, and one in 2014.
Al-Shebaab claims responsibility for deadly attack in Kenya – CBC News Now, December 2014
Kenya’s president vows harsh action after militants warn of more attacks – CTV Toronto, April 2015
Deadly attack on Kenyan college – CBC News Now, April 2015
Other news coverage from Nairobi
Chaos as City Park hawkers hold protest over market fire – Daily Nation, February 2016
Tear gas, bullets and beatings follow a violent protest in Nairobi after a vegetable market was destroyed in a suspicious midnight fire (Feb. 2015).
Activists march to the Office of the President to protest insecurity – Daily Nation, November 2014
When Al-Shebaab attacks leave more than 60 civilians dead in Mandera County near the Somalia border, Nairobi residents demand immediate counter-terrorist action from the President.
Another woman stripped naked in Nairobi as MyDressMyChoice protests take to the streets – Daily Nation, November 2014
After several women were stripped in the streets for their alleged “indecent” attire, hundreds of Kenyans storm the capital united by the hashtag, #MyDressMyChoice.
The litter bug in Nairobi National Park — NTV Kenya, March 2015
There’s a new animal in town in Nairobi National Park, and it’s not the kind you want to see on a safari.